Super Cat stove

Comments pertaining to the original Super Cat alcohol stove and stand articles. Includes feedback from January, 2005 through October, 2008. This forum is now closed to new posts but remains available for reading.

Super Cat stove

Postby Robin » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:17 pm

I am having trouble getting water to boil with my stove I've made several versions and I can't get the water over 100 degrees celsius. I'm wondering if it is my altitude 4500 feet. I'm learning to make them so I can send them to my mom she is at 7500 feet so if I can't get it to boil she will have even more trouble. We are building them to put in 72 hour kits so we can cook a warm meal in an emergency. Robin
Robin
Robin

Problem with water boiling

Postby Jim Wood » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:18 am

Robin -

Lots of SuperCat users have boiled water at much higher altitudes than yours, so there must be a problem with your particular stove. Without knowing more, though, it's hard to make a suggestion.

I'm in the process of updating the original SuperCat article, but until it's published, I can only recommend re-reading the instructions, and perhaps reviewing the feedback from other users.

Thanks,
Jim Wood.
Jim Wood
Site Admin

fuel

Postby 180pilot » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:03 pm

your not using rubbing alcohol are you?????
180pilot

Return to The Super Cat Alcohol Stove (OLD)