Ultimate Pee Bottle

Comments not related to a specific Base Camp article.

Ultimate Pee Bottle

Postby Thunder Thighs » Mon May 16, 2005 8:48 pm

I'm really looking forward to this future article. I've tried a variety of containers and haven't settled on a favorite. For me, I need 500ml minimum and that may not get me through the night.

I haven't tried a collaspable "Platypus" style container yet.
There may be some specific "home-healthcare" products out there if we look around. I've a lot of experience using military piss-tubes while airborne but then you have a lot of atmospheric factors in your favor.

Bring on the ideas! :idea:
TT
Thunder Thighs

Receptical for waste secreted by the kidneys

Postby Pliny » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:37 pm

I used to get up in the middle of the night, slip on my boots and unzip the tent all the way and go out and look up at the stars, several meters from the tent, and urniate. No longer. I now take a Gater Aid Bottle into the tent and use it. With out decsribing my personal anatomy in too much detail, just let me say the mouth of the bottle is the perfect size on both the 20 ounce bottle and the 32 ounce bottle. Even if I fill the smaller bottle I can reach out to the door of the tent without getting out of my sleeping bag and dump it. Usually I can reach under the side to the tarp and dump it in a location that runs away from the tent. I understand the scent keeps bears away. It has done that. It has also kept away elephants, zebras and chimps: I have seen none of them! I think the two size bottles don't vary in weight much. 3 ounces?
:oops:
Pliny

Return to All Other Feedback